Tuesday, March 3, 2020

group meeting

getting feedback

If you've been reading my blogs, you are probably already aware that my group and I are very indecisive and we've changed our mind on countless things. This is a good thing and a bad thing because we keep having to change our storyboard. Luckily, today we got the chance to meet with a member of one individual from each group and get feedback for our project or more ideas. I was really excited to do this because my group and I were running out of ideas and we wanted an outsiders point of view on our film opening. 


school scene idea

Before the group meeting today, my group and I changed our whole storyboard idea because we ran into problems with the whole vlogging idea. The students I met with today gave me good feedback on the school scene. They said that a school scene could give a lot of 70s vibes if we do it correctly. I also think we can use more of a variety of shots and show more technique(without overdoing it of course) if we end up doing the school scene. Also, we can still incorporate the band posters we did research on by displaying them in the girls locker like they did here:



bedroom scene idea

Diary:

When I told the people from the other groups that we ran into this problem because of the technology, they gave me some good ideas if we decide to still do the bedroom scene instead of the school one. They said that since I can't using a vlogging camera that instead I could write in a diary and have Lana document her thoughts through there since diaries were very "in" in the 70s. Now I know what you're thinking, "that's so boring no ones gonna read". However, we want to use a voice of effect while we get an extreme close up of the writing on the diary that way it is a lot easier for the viewers to understand what's going on.
Band Posters in background 

diary writing with V.O

Voice Recorder

Another idea is that instead of her vlogging, we could have her record herself on a voice recorder tape thing like the one used in 13 reasons why. This is the type of technology that was used in the 70s and I think it's an easy way for the viewer to understand what's happening, and we can also keep our storyboard ideas the same because it is similar to the vlog idea. 
voice tape recorder

Overall Feedback 

The students I met with today gave me some good feedback. I took notes on some of the pros and cons they said about my film opening so far.

Pros

  • it is a girl that is coming out of the closet rather than a guy since it is something that hasn't really been seen before. 
  •  very aesthetically pleasing with the pastels of the costume design and setting we create if we do it correctly
aesthetic

  • Vintage effect throughout the film to set up the time this takes place in
vintage filter

Cons


  • School Scene is going to be hard to do because their needs to be a lot of extras in the background in order for it to look like it takes place during school
  • All actors need to fit the time period costume design
  • We need a place that has lockers if we want it to look like the typical 70s high school scene.
  • All actors need to be willing to stay after school for a little since we need to film in school.

My Personal Opinion:

I personally think that both of these ideas could work and I think we could include both of them in our film opening since each scene only has a small concept that won't take up a lot of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment