Saturday, February 22, 2020

storyboard ideas

Some Ideas:

My group and I are pretty indecisive. I wasn't planning on bringing astrology into my blog, but considering 2/3 of us are libras, should tell you something. We are debating between a coming of age type of film or a typical horror film. In my opinion both of these genres will appeal to our target audience. I feel like coming of age can be more interesting and more successful than a horror film. However, if we do end up choosing to do a horror film, I'm aiming for something relating to the movie "Nerve". Now that social media plays such a  big role in everyone's life, I feel like a film that involves social media and the dark web will quickly grab our audience's attention. A coming of age film will be very interesting. One of my team members thinks we should do something involving a mental disorder since that is a topic we all find very interesting. 

Update:

We ended up deciding on a coming of age of film involving a 16 year old teenage girl who deals with the struggle of coming out to her friends and family about her sexuality. Having this film take place in the 70s plays a big role in how much harder it is for her to deal with this all on her own.

Storyboard Camera shot ideas:

After doing a lot of research on different techniques for coming of age films I came up with a series of shots that I want to incorporate in my film opening in order to make sure the viewers know what genre they are watching and more importantly, the time in which this film will take place.
Since coming of age is a transition from childhood to adolescence, I find this shot from a very well-known coming of age film, Stranger Things, that I want to include in my film opening.
"Stranger Things"

Now I know you're probably wondering why I would want such a scary shot in my coming of age film. I do not want this exact shot, but I want to give the film opening a mysterious feel by having a shadow shot in it. Since this movie is all about a teenage girl who "doesn't know" how to show her real self to the world.


The second shot I want to include is a close up like the one in the all time favorite coming of age movie, "Boyhood". Although I haven't seen the movie, when I saw this clip in class I really liked how it almost gave the audience a glimpse into his the boys life. The viewer automatically knows that the film will be about the boys life and that he is the main character.
"Boyhood"

Lastly, another major shot I want to make sure I include is a closeup or extreme close up of the girl looking at her reflection, whether it's on a mirror, or on the classroom windows as she walks down the hallway. I find that that extreme close up shots can tell a lot about the character and I want to reveal the type of person she is through shots rather than dialogue. I feel that an extreme close up shot can achieve this best.
"It Folows"


No comments:

Post a Comment